Fall 2012 Highpoint Market Trends
Another exhausting trek to High Point market has come and gone–34 million feet of product to see. I think this was my 46th??… and I still get lost! This is what we think are the major trends and themes from this market.
COLOUR, COLOUR and more COLOUR!!!
- Colours are clear and saturated–not muted
- Blues stole the show…especially Navy, Tiffany Blue, Turquoise and Teal
- Hermes orange was happy and energetic, and everywhere!
- Yellow was trending in shades ranging from butter to gold
- Greens were still evident and were cool
- Red was vivid and intense–think “lipstick red”
- Greys were still present, but were warmer
- Tiny martini tables…just big enough for a single drink
- Nests are back (these are so practical for small spaces!)
- Low back armless perching chairs
- Live edge tables..still hot!
- Remember accessorizing with horns and hides 30 years ago? Well, they are trending again!
- Gold finishes of all types enjoyed a huge resurgence
- Belgian Linen and Linen look-a-likes…on drapery and upholstery
- Velvet has cycled back
- Walnut continued to grow
- Lighter wood and grey toned finishes became more evident
- Nail head trim in all finishes
- Custom options of all types–“made to measure” upholstery, etc.
- Leather accents on case goods
- Asian influences
- Fretwork accents and cut out details
- Retro and post modern looks